Magento SEO experts
Unleash the SEO power of Magento
Improve your targeting and online best practice to maximize industry market share and generate solid revenue. Implement our proven 3 stage buyer centric methodology which has been created specifically for eCommerce businesses to harness the retail power of Magento.
OUR 3 STAGE PROVEN METHODOLOGY
Strategy and planning phase for your online success. Includes extensive research on market share potential, buyer search behaviour & category hierarchy recommendations based on your current product range.
- Digital identity alignment and market positioning agreed with your internal team. NOTE: 90% of the clients we get have misaligned identity and positioning.
- Proposed website category hierarchy, attributes and splash pages based on your product range.
- Confirm project feasibility through outlining full non branded organic market potential based on category and filter impressions.
- Discovering current search visibility.
- Identifying project KPIs.
- Forecast project milestones and expectations.
Development or consultation services to implement Google’s onsite guidelines & eCommerce best practice. During this phase extensive onsite work will be conducted to correct onsite targeting, as well as URLs and category hierarchy.
- Category restructure (Over 90% of client projects required an entire category restructure) according to buyer search behaviour.
- Improved faceted navigation to benefit on category and attribute opportunities.
- Crawlability and Indexability improvements.
- Main menu improvements. NOTE: Main menu should run independently to your category hierarchy.
- Robots and canonical tags alignment.
- Structured data revision and possible enhancements suggestions.
- H tags refinement across the site according to W3C conventions.
- Category content adjustment according to targeted traffic per page, applies to existing category content only.
- Product URLs optimisation where possible using a subfolder.
- Consolidating Magento default review URLs, so the reviews will be part of the product page while indexing.
- Installing customized bot tracker to monitor bot activities for improving crawl budgets and indexing issues.
- Ad hoc improvements based on website development practices.
A combination of onsite, offsite promotional strategies and consultancy services; which enable Megantic to become your trusted eCommerce advisers to ensure long term market share and revenue growth.
- Monthly tracking and reporting.
- Ongoing support to align with the latest SEO practices and trends.
- Ongoing offsite content creation and promotions.
- Google analytics and search console monitoring.
- Actioning improvement on crawlability and indexing issues based on technical stats.
- Analysing 301 redirects and ongoing index cleaning.
- Website speed improvements where possible.
- Optimising URL parameters for search engine crawling.
- Ongoing crawl budget optimisation.
- Event, E-commerce and goal tracking setup.
- CTR monitoring and optimisation.
- Expanding the “impressions ring” based on new product opportunities.
- Ongoing internal linking.
- Product pages optimisation for long tail search terms and conversions.
- Basic best practice conversion rate optimisation.
- Actionable items for improving average sale.
- Internal team support for capitalizing on specific sales events.
- Suggest brand building exercises focusing on branded search term trends.
- Proposing blog & buying guide topics to utilise internal and external content marketing resources.
MAGENTO CASE STUDIES
E-commerce Platform: Magento Enterprise 1.14
Milan Direct was an iconic Australian furniture brand and had a clear vision and ultimate goal but struggled to utilize their full branding potential. Although they already had large online exposure, they were far from reaching their threshold. After full market research, identity alignment and market repositioning, we managed to increase their non-branded organic target market to 6M impressions per month. This massive impression discovery revealed that they had attained about 6% search visibility in their online industry, which we had a feasible case to work on. Our work kicked into full stride one year into the campaign where we achieved around 15% search visibility and experienced massive increases in monthly revenue. Unfortunately for us, on the 16th month of the campaign, Milan Direct was acquired by Temple and Webster and our campaign was stopped. Ultimately, we achieved amazing results over the course of the 16 month campaign.
- Identity alignment and market repositioning.
- Total category hierarchy refurbishment to target new potential customers.
- Improved filters/attributes and implementation of faceted navigation.
- Massive URL changes and redirect handling.
- Improved speed, crawlability and indexability.
- Massive changes to the main menu.
- Pushing reviews to structured data for products, categories, splash and attribute pages to improve visibility in SERPS.
- On-site content on most competitive categories site-wide.
- Increased impression reach from 2.5M to 6M.
- Page 1 keywords grew from 3,595 to 11,261.
- 5x Traffic Growth.
- Increased conversion rate by 15%.
- Nearly 6x Revenue Growth.
- 110x Improvement in ROAS.
Key Learning: Don’t create a duplicate landing page for your identity. If you don’t know what this means, you really need to call us!
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 1.9.3
Liteshop started their Megantic journey as a client in Nov 2015. At the time, the website was built on the e-commerce platform Drupal, which was not easy to work with. On top of Drupal, there were lots of questionable backlinks created by previous SEO companies without any significant growth or results. After battling with many of Drupal’s famous nodes, we fixed the website’s hierarchy, URL structure and supported it with a variety of backlinks; the campaign took off almost immediately. Following their initial growth, we moved them to the Magento platform that they are on today. This was built by Megantic and included a fully comprehensive platform migration. Since the re-platform to Magento, the project has massively improved and the overall business prospered as a result.
- Identity alignment to Flashlights and LED Torches, which repositioned the business digitally and allowed them to benchmark against the right competitors.
- Hierarchy improvement to target new markets and potential customers.
- Improved category and brands targeting and implementation of faceted navigation.
- Massive URL changes to suit our multi-level structure and concurrent redirects.
- Improved speed, crawlability, indexability, JS and CSS minification, structured data, reviews, URL architecture, menu adjustments, etc.
- Pushing reviews to structured data for products, categories, splash and attributed pages to improve visibility on SERPS and enhance CTR.
- 10x Growth in Impressions.
- 5x Traffic Growth.
- Increased Conversion Rate by 10%.
- 15% drop in Average Sale, however, Transactions have tripled.
- Massive Improvement in Website Speed.
- Vastly Improved UX.
- Thorough setup of all e-commerce tracking components.
- Substantial improvement in User Engagement.
- Steadily becoming a market leader.
Key Learning: Move away from Drupal ASAP if you’re serious about E-commerce.
E-commerce Platform: Magento Enterprise 1.4.0
Even though Pushys were already a market leader, Megantic on boarded Pushys with the aim to increase their online presence. This was an enterprise project with a massive product range and renowned brands. Their already established branding supported our strategy to implement our methodology and approach. As always with large restructures, we saw an expected visible dip in the first 3 months while Google realigned page rankings, the numbers then started to recover and grow even til today.
- Total website re-categorisation.
- Faceted navigation converted to useful user-centric static pages.
- Multilevel structure implementation.
- Improved site crawlability and indexability.
- Launched onsite projects to support our work and improve UX.
- Backlink outreach to support the onsite work.
- Aggregate category reviews for structured data mark up in SERPS.
- Increased number of categories by 3 times through thorough market research.
- Consistent organic traffic growth month on month.
- First page keywords increased from 7,200 to 14,000 or total keywords growth to 44K.
- Started to rank on a lot of single word keywords which is usually a sign of achieving our “Domino Effect” in rankings.
Key Learning: If you have the large brand support with branded Organic, call us now, we know what to do with it to grow your non branded keywords!
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 1.9.2
Our friends at Cargo Crew are leading the market in Modern Uniforms. They approached Megantic in early 2017 with a clear vision and goal to retain their market-leading position and improve their market dominance. We started the campaign with comprehensive market research, converted the findings into actionable items and formed a plan of attack; including KPIs, milestones and other meaningful and measurable metrics.
- Re-categorisation was a must, determining the most important items and pushed them to the first level.
- Faceted navigation helped to reach more potential targeted buyers.
- Used their branding to reinforce their identity quite nicely.
- Helped reach out to bloggers and content marketing.
- Consistent organic traffic growth month on month.
- Increased organic revenue & online leads for B2C & B2B.
- Megantic became their long term digital trusted advisors.
- Results are important, but partnerships are the key to long term growth.
Key Learning: Clear identity, vision and goals determine the project’s longterm growth trajectory.
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 1.7 (Retail Express Integration)
Boardstore engaged Megantic in 2016 to improve their Organic Channel and their website in general. Retail Express was a limitation that posed as a hurdle for the development and growth of the project. Once moved to a private hosted solution we began to improve the platform, rolling out our customised Magento extensions and modules. They were a great client to work with, fully committed to our guidance and working alongside us to improve their online presence; the campaign excelled after the 12th-month mark and onwards.
Two years into the campaign, following amazing growth and exposure, Boardstore were able to afford and hire an in-house SEO, SEM, and EDM manager to handle multiple channels for them. Unfortunately for us, the internal resource was too good to pass up; but overall we were very happy for the client and with the campaign in general as we started with very little organic presence and with limited a budget we achieved truly massive results.
- Improved categorisation and URL structure enormously.
- Deleted all dubious pages that were conflicting with their identity.
- Removed all duplicate and synonymous landing pages.
- Recreated their sidebar functionality and used Brands to target all categories and brand combinations.
- Blogging and consistently improving their backlink profile was essential.
- First page keywords grew from 100 to 800 in 2 years.
- Increased number of transactions from 1 to 16 per day on average.
- After the initial restructure conversion rates doubled.
- Consistent off-site promotions had massive benefits to the campaign,
- Website navigation, UX and user engagement improved substantially.
- The business was sold for a profit!
Key Learning: We can operate with smaller budgets too, the whole process will just take longer. Optimal budget for optimal results.
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 126.96.36.199
Paul Carroll moved away from Retail Express to self-managed hosting and personal developers, where we took over the management of their organic channel. We spent a great amount of time researching and defining the target markets for their large product range. With this project, we solved the Gender (Mens and Womens) targeting dilemma on Magento which is common to the fashion industry. Apart from some first and second level categories, most pages were best utilised as attributes for better targeting and shopping experience. Shoes and the whole fashion industry is a tricky industry to approach due to genders being a huge focal point, defining what is a category, what is an attribute and how to integrate user experience and indexing capabilities with Google was a challenge.
- Effectively targeted gender attributes & main menu structure in Magento for the fashion industry.
- Manage to keep the menu with Gender specific items, but keep gender as an attribute, so we can satisfy UX, customers and crawler bots.
- Sidebar options to filter the products are easy to use and find what you need.
- The main menu is customised while the categories are independent.
- A great number of attributed pages arising from identity.
- Targeting over 7000 non-branded keywords and 1.5 million impressions.
- Started from 0.2% search visibility and grew to 6.5% in 18 months for current target keywords (Moz Stats).
- Organic revenue is consistently increasing and has improved x5.
- ROI achieved within 6 months after implementation.
Key Learnings: Separate the menu from the hierarchy. Having your menu and categories run independently of each other will give you an edge in eCommerce.
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 2.1.1
We started work on this site in 2018, with this version of Magento being very unstable to work on. Recreating the functionality and adopting our extensions to work on this version proved a real, yet rewarding challenge. After an almost failed platform migration in 2017, we have recovered the site quite nicely and grown substantially since we rolled out the new structure and strategy. The product range on the site was not vast to start with, but with great vision,consistency and goals, the website started to rank.
- Recreated our extensions for Magento 2.1
- Established clear identity.
- Revamped categories on the site.
- Added valuable sidebar filters for reaching a larger audience.
- Ongoing UX suggestions and improvements.
- Currently visible on 4.5K keywords.
- 700 first page keywords.
- Revenue is consistently increasing month on month.
- Great foundations built for further opportunity for further growth.
Key Learning: A large product range is important to bring benefit on better content segmentation, which creates a larger target market.
E-commerce Platform: Magento Community 2.1.1
Bad Backs was in a bit of trouble after the previous agency failed to grow their organic channel, which also put them in a negative spiral. After acquiring the management of their organic channel, we quickly identified onsite technical issues and some bad off-site practices that were fixed to help slow their downward trend. After we completed full market research on the opportunities in the organic channel, it was clear that there was plenty of untapped potential. We worked together with Bad Backs to roll out a new website hierarchy with our data-driven research, along with their industry knowledge. We then began our off-site promotional strategy which assisted in support our on-site work, the results speak for themselves.
- Fixed technical on-site and off-site issues before rolling out our strategy.
- Identified new opportunities to target in the organic channel.
- Created better user experience through navigation and functionality.
- Improved the menu, category hierarchy and sidebar functionality.
- Targeting over 1000 relevant non-branded keywords and 500,000 impressions per month.
- Increasing monthly organic traffic volume by 30%.
- Yearly Organic revenue and transactions year on year up over 45%.
- Protected already existing strong rankings.
Key Learnings: Google doesn’t penalize sites any longer, it just promotes or demotes work done so focus on consistent good work.
SOME MAGENTO REVIEWS
Such a fantastic team at Megantic, feels like a real partnership. Harvey & Vancho really care about our business and the relationship, which can be really hard to find. We work so well together, it’s exciting to see where we’ll grow the business next!
Professionally and Realistically
Megantic have looked after our SEO requirements for over 2 years. In that time we have been advised professionally and realistically at all times. I would not hesitate to recommend Megantic to anyone considering their services.
Megantic is a great company that delivers what they promise. Without over promising like most other SEO agencies. Megantic have been a pleasure to work with (and continue to work with), and we highly recommend. Great people, great service, and a results oriented and focused company.
Organic traffic increased over 1000%
We have worked with Megantic for over 3 years and they have done wonders for us. Our sales from Organic traffic increased over 1000%. Guys definitely know what they doing and are always there to assist night and day. Keep it up guys.
After a disastrous 2 yr experience elsewhere, Megantic was highly recommended to us and cautiously we agreed to work with them. And now a further 2 yrs down the track they are delivering excellent results for us. The initial review of the Bad Backs business and website lead to creating a solid foundation on which to build and create bigger and better outcomes. The team are true professionals, results driven, excellent communicators, good value for the investment and the real deal. 5 stars in my book!
What a cracking business
What a cracking business!! Megantic certainly puts in the hard yards to improve our business every month and increase our exposure online. All of the staff at Megantic are extremely responsive and cooperative with a non savvy online marketer like me and helped to put all of our campaigns on the next level. I would recommend any business needing help to give Megantic a shot!!
Absolute legends, the team at Megantic go above and beyond, we have seen amazing growth in the past 12 months. Highly Recommended!!
I love their approach
I have been with Megantic for over a year now and love their approach and attitude almost as much as what they have done to my organic traffic graph in google analytics. Sooo much better than other SEO companies I have used.