We’re looking for an SEO strategists looking to take the next step to help support our growing team.
The SEO strategist will work directly with clients, partners and internal teams, to develop and deliver organic search strategies for e-commerce projects for assigned accounts.
The ideal candidate will offer a strong mix of technical, analytical, and communication skills; capable of rolling up their sleeves to dig into the nitty-gritty details of both technical SEO and e-commerce. However, technical skills are something we can definitely teach you.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can analyze data from a variety of sources (analytics, keyword research, competitive insights, technical crawls) and convert that information into actionable strategies for our clients.
Through this process we aim to develop you from a strategist into a hands on Technical Project Manager specialising in SEO for e-commerce.
- Audit and analyze client’s SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, recommend fixes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance.
- Use data from a number of sources to evaluate the effectiveness of SEO initiatives and provide recommendations for improvements in e-commerce recommendations, technical SEO, and conversion rate optimization.
- Conduct detailed technical audits of websites to determine the overall health of the website and what technical elements might be hindering performance.
- Create and maintain weekly/monthly dashboards and reports, and identify key insights to inform future SEO strategies.
- Manage SEO initiatives including site architecture, keyword research/analysis, content creation and link‐building to optimize search engine rankings.
- Coach the internal client creative teams and assist with the optimization of website content, landing pages and blog content, including teaching creation of meta content, schema markup, social markup, etc.
- Manage client expectations based on realistic time frames.
- Work closely with development teams (both internally and externally) in the implementation of SEO recommendations.
- Assist clients in local SEO strategies, including setting up Google Business and Bing Places for Business, as well as developing hyperlocal content strategies and amplification plans.
- Conduct competitive research and analysis and synthesize those findings into actionable recommendations for clients.
- Perform keyword research to help inform content strategy and identify opportunities for enhanced content on a specific topic.
- Keep abreast of search engine algorithm updates and integrated marketing trends.
- All other duties as assigned by leadership team.
IDEAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years working in search engine optimization.
- Have genuine care about clients and their campaigns .
- Be a self starter with drive and initiative to develop their skill set.
- Strong understanding of SEO fundamentals (page markup & schema, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Strong analytical skills – able to navigate analytics data with ease and discover insights that lead to new opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience using and understanding SEO tools (such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, among others).
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office Excel and G Suite products.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Proven track-record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced online environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Unlimited career growth both professionally and personally.
- Expand your skills and lead your own portfolio of clients.
- Generous earning potential!
- Work with E-commerce market leaders in their industry.
- South Melbourne Location (Close to Domain Interchange)
- A fun team environment with great collaborative culture.
- Collaborative learning environment with a hands on approach.
- Early finish on Fridays with 3:30pm knock offs.
- Grow & extend your professional network continuously.
- Casual office environment with flexible holidays and time off.
- Work for a company that is passionate about transparency and puts our client success as well as yours above all else.
WHO WILL YOU BE DOING IT WITH?
You will be working in a growing company that only works with big brands and market leaders in their industry. We continuously invests in research & development of new technologies and new aspects of Online Marketing & Branding. This allows us to provide the Australian Market with the latest White-Hat solutions and technology required to increase their position as a Market Leader & Online Authority in their industry, through Websites, Branding, Social & Digital Advertising.
WHERE IS IT HAPPENING
Located just a stone’s throw from the city, you will be working in a Spacious South Melbourne office, close to domain interchange, the South Melbourne market, loads of eateries and only a few minutes walk from public transport